Sunday, February 12, 2012

Still Messin with the Front Swing Arm

After welding the tabs for the end caps and removing the entire swing arm assembly I realized that all wasn't as straight as I'd like. its actually not that it isn't straight or square it's just that the bushings don't allow the front axle to slide as easily as I'd like. I know it can be better. So I used the fixture parts that I made for welding the swing arm together and mounted them to a plate that will then mount to the mill. with everything squared up and all the parts assembled I will ream the bores and then used a ball hone to open things up a few thou so that the bushings and axle fit nicely and are able to move freely.

No comments:

Post a Comment